After an intensive course of advocacy work led by the feminist associations and rights human member of the coalition spring of dignity in order to know the proposal of the coalition to review radical and comprehensive of the penal code mrocain, and after a after a series of meetings with political parties, parliamentary groups and ministries including including the Ministry of Justice and freedoms, components of the coalition were surprised by the Government's announcement of a partial reform of article 475 who raised some protests about its provisions allowing impunity for the perpetrators of rape committed against minors while noting that the announcement of this reform constitutes a partial response to the claims of the street and a recognition of the unjust of article 475 We consider:
1. that the deletion of paragraph 2 with addition of three subsections providing for increased penalties in some cases, does not meet the requirements of the feminist movement contained in the memorandum of the spring dignity.
2. that partial decision constitutes a retreat from the path of the proposed reform of the penal code and which had reached ave the previous Government step advanced writing a draft of the new penal code which has been proposed to national institutions and human rights to enrich it and made the object of study carried out by the women's rights movement and the available dde the old and the new Ministry of justice
3. As the construction of reform in which the Morocco is committed in view of a fair justice is incompatible with any partial modification that keeps the discrimination between women and men, and a woman and another because of their social status
4. The spring of dignity which considers that this reform is unconstitutional expects parliamentary groups that they comply with their commitments explicitly expressed during meetings with spring dignity for the contents of the memorandum on the reform of the code
5. We reiterate our call for the commitment to the choice of the country and allowed to make headway implemented constitutionally 2011
6. We urge acceleration of comprehensive and radical of the penal code revision in such a way that it protects women against violence and discrimination and respects individual rights and freedoms.
Interview with Mrs. Fatiha Chtatou, president of the Injaz Center against gender based violence, related to the subject of the safe abortion, the consensual relations and the position of the feminist movement (Arabic)
the caravan of radio and gender
ACCOMPANIMENT OF THE 2015 ELECTIONS PREPARATIONS
Copyright 2015 Portail Joussour tous les droits sont réservés