In a unique experience, Climate Radio aims at ensuring the media coverage of the UN climatic change summit, which will be held in Marrakech-Morocco from the 7th to 18th of November 2016. Climate Radio will bring together a team of 16 journalists from Middle East and North African community and independent radio stations. At least 6 Moroccan journalists will be part of this International team. Female and youth applications are particularly encouraged.
Climate Radio is coordinated by AMARC, in partnership with the FMAS, with the support of the Maghreb UNESCO office in the framework of the «Network of Mediterranean Youth» project (NET-MED Youth) funded by the European Union. The initiative is developed in partnership with the Civil Society COP22 coordinating committee.
Personal applications are not accepted. Applications must be filed by either a community FM radio station or an online community radio station. The candidate must be between 21 and 45 years.
The radio should:
– Provide the journalist’s resume (in English, Spanish, Arabic or French).
– Certify that the candidate has at least 2 years of journalistic experience (in this radio or other media).
– Submit two radio reports already produced by the journalist.
– Justify the active presence of the journalist in the radio for at least one year.
– Indicate all languages mastered by the candidate. (The journalist must be able to speak, read and write at least Arabic, French, English or Amazigh. Spanish or any other language will be appreciated.)
– Join a copy of the press card of the candidate, if he has one. (However, it is not mandatory for applying.) – Detail any other experience. (Experience in the associative field will be a valued bonus.
– The candidate must have team spirit and good interpersonal skills.
– Young and women journalists are particularly encouraged to submit their application.
The project will develop the following communication tools:
The editorial product (radio, magazines, interviews, etc.) will be available in several languages (French, English, Spanish, Arabic, Amazigh, etc.) under Creative Commons licence (CC-BY-NC).
Throughout the project, all the participants will be supervised by an editorial and logistics manager.
– Exceptional journalistic experience covering a global event and serving radio stations worldwide
– Strengthening the participants’ journalistic, technical and environmental skills.
– Benefiting from a preliminary 2 days training focused on various journalism and environmental issues.
– Developing an international professional network through a collaboration with journalists and environmental stakeholders from different countries.
– Meeting inspiring and recognized personalities.
– Developing a team spirit and building initiative and commitment.
– In this time between their selection and their arrival to Marrakech, each participant must have produced at least two reports on an environmental topic in her/his community.
– Meeting participation: editorial and logistical meetings will be held every morning in Marrakech for the duration of the event.
– On site, each participant must to be available and meet the content production demands of as many community radios as possible.
A logistical and editorial information package will be provided to all participants.
The selection committee will ensure a gender, geographic, cultural and linguistic diversity. It will ensure a high level of journalistic quality, distinct from conventional media coverage, and encourage the professional potential exhibited by candidates.
All the costs (travel, visa, accommodation and meals) will be covered by the project. However, selected participants will not receive any additional financial compensation for their commitment.
Monday, October 3th, 2016
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Interview with Mrs. Fatiha Chtatou, president of the Injaz Center against gender based violence, related to the subject of the safe abortion, the consensual relations and the position of the feminist movement (Arabic)
the caravan of radio and gender
ACCOMPANIMENT OF THE 2015 ELECTIONS PREPARATIONS
Copyright 2015 Portail Joussour tous les droits sont réservés